Saturday 21 November 2015

Books, books and more books





I have been out of the blogging loop for a little while. Recently, life has got in the way of my blogging as I've had some health issues going on followed by some very successful surgery which means that I am now feeling great and looking forward to getting back to blogging about my reading.

I won't bore you all with the details of recent weeks. However, one of the good things to have come from all this convalescing is that it's given me plenty of time to read and I have managed to get through quite a few books. I have been immeasurably grateful for my kindle and for my husband who has made many library trips to keep me in reading material.

What’s happened to all the lovely books I have adorning my shelves, I hear you ask. Well, in addition to everything that's been going on we are also moving house and so all my precious books have been packed into boxes ready for moving and rather than partially unpacking again I have relied on my local library and my kindle books to sate my reading appetite (as tempting as it was to sneak a few back out of the boxes.)


Well, that’s more than enough about me. Let me tell you about what I have been reading in the past few weeks.  I will be coming back to review my favourites from this selection sometime soon but in the meantime, I thought you might like to see what I have been reading.

Snowdrops by A.D. Miller
Perfect Daughter by Amanda Prowse
Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
Reunion with Death by Sheila Connelly
Coastliners by Joanne Harris
I am China by Xiaolu Guo
The Hare with Amber Eyes by Edmund de Waal
Lessons in Laughing Out Loud by Rowan Coleman
The House at Sea's End and A Room Full of Bones - both by Elly Griffiths
Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healy
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
The Iron Will of Shoeshine Cats by Hesh Kestin
Sugar and Snails by Anne Goodwin
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
The Ritual Bath by Faye Kellerman

These are not in any order of preference so I shall keep you guessing for the moment as to which are my favourites. However, you all know my reading tastes by now. Can you guess which are the ones I really enjoyed reading?




No comments:

Post a Comment