Sunday 29 December 2013

My Ten Best Books of 2013



This was a hard list to compile as I have read some really good books throughout this year and choosing just 10 has taken a lot of thought and consideration.  My final choices are in no particular order and were not all published in 2013 but represent the books that I enjoyed reading the most throughout 2013.

I also want to take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful 2014. So without further ado, here are my TEN BEST BOOKS OF 2013



The Giver by Lois Lowry - I only finished reading this book this morning so my review will follow shortly. 

The Emergence of Judy Taylor by Angela Jackson

My Dear I Wanted to Tell You by Louisa Young

1Q84 (Books 1, 2 and 3) by Haruki Murakami

Flight Behaviour by Barbara Kingsolver

Changing Places by David Lodge

The Innocents by Francesca Segal

The Book of Human Skin by Michelle Lovric

The Seamstress by Maria Duenas

The World is a Wedding by Wendy Jones


I would love to hear your opinions of any of the books that made it to my top ten. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below or email me if you would prefer at leftontheshelf1@gmail.com.

I have got some exciting books lined up for 2014 starting with The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. I am about half way through this now and loving it.  My review should be up within the next week.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.




3 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog several weeks ago and since then have enjoyed dipping in at intervals to read your latest reviews. My reading list is growing rapidly as a consequence. I'm looking forward to seeing what's on your list for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the blog. I know what you mean about the reading list growing. I've got a list so long that if I live to be a hundred I probably wouldn't get through them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only book on your list I've read is iQ84, and I LOVED it. I hadn't read Murakami before--even though he's famous he'd escaped me. I didn't want that long book to end (although I concede that parts of Book 3 might have been shortened.)

    ReplyDelete